Training and Networking Working Group
Training is a key element of GP2. We have developed resources and opportunities to share best practices and learnings internationally across a range of existing analytic methods, as well as developing or applying new methods from other fields.
As resources, we have developed a free online web-based learning platform to establish foundational knowledge on Parkinson’s disease genetics and bioinformatics. The GP2 learning platform can be accessed here. Tailored training opportunities for individuals are also offered to develop skills and build local capacity.
We also aim to support the GP2 network to promote the flow of research opportunities, ideas and data in all directions across, as well as disseminate knowledge in wide and impactful ways across the full spectrum of stakeholders, including the research community, funders, patients, and the public.
Progress so far
- Established blog and social media presence
- Set up the GP2 Trainee Network
- Launched the URP PhD and MSc Programs
- Launched four courses on the Learning Platform
- Created a cross-organization working group with the MDS
- Held exhibitions and meetings at conferences
- Ran a Hackathon (with IPDGC) and in-person training workshops
- Launched the GP2 newsletter
Remaining Year 3 Goals
- Continue to review and process rolling applications for trainee sabbaticals
- Offer short training course opportunities in autumn
- Launch the GP2 Hub
- Release three additional courses on the Learning Platform
- Continue collaborating with the Project Proposal, Approval, and Execution Working Group to facilitate training opportunities
- Continue collaborating with the Underrepresented Populations Working Group to identify training needs