Training, Networking, and Communication Working Group
We aim to establish a virtual center-of-excellence to promote training, networking, and communication throughout the GP2 project.
Training is a key element of GP2, and we will develop resources and opportunities to share best practice and learning internationally across a range of existing analytic methods, as well as developing or applying new methods from other fields. GP2 training can be accessed here.
We also aim to support the GP2 network to promote the flow of research opportunities, ideas and data in all directions across, as well as disseminate knowledge in wide and impactful ways across the full spectrum of stakeholders, including the research community, funders, patients, and the public.
Progress so far
- Launched phase 1 website
- Drafted application process for student resources
- Appointed a coordinator
- Advertised first PhD studentship
- Updated website for phase 2 and established social media presence
Remaining Year 1 Goals
- Advertise second PhD studentship
- Establish GP2 blog
- Addition of courses to the GP2 website (Genetics and Introduction to Statistics)
- Coordinate with underrepresented groups to understand their needs