Training, Networking, and Communication Working Group
We aim to establish a virtual center-of-excellence to promote training, networking, and communication throughout the GP2 project.
Training is a key element of GP2, and we will develop resources and opportunities to share best practice and learning internationally across a range of existing analytic methods, as well as developing or applying new methods from other fields. GP2 training can be accessed here.
We also aim to support the GP2 network to promote the flow of research opportunities, ideas and data in all directions across, as well as disseminate knowledge in wide and impactful ways across the full spectrum of stakeholders, including the research community, funders, patients, and the public.
Progress so far
- Established blog and social media presence
- Set up the GP2 Trainee Network
- Launched the URP PhD and MSc Programs
- Launched four courses on the Learning Platform
- Created a cross-organization working group with the MDS
- Held exhibitions and meetings at conferences
- Ran a Hackathon (with IPDGC) and in-person training workshops
- Launched the GP2 newsletter
Remaining Year 3 Goals
- Continue to review and process rolling applications for trainee sabbaticals
- Offer short training course opportunities in autumn
- Launch the GP2 Hub
- Release three additional courses on the Learning Platform
- Continue collaborating with the Project Proposal, Approval, and Execution Working Group to facilitate training opportunities
- Continue collaborating with the Underrepresented Populations Working Group to identify training needs